Thursday, August 31, 2006

Catching up with the Students, Part 1

Today we begin a new series of posts about the lives of Bridges graduates in college and beyond. Our first student is Luis Arrieta, who graduated from Bridges 3 years ago. He is entering his junior year at Belmont Abbey College, and he plays on the soccer team. Be sure to read about his successful experience and important plays here!
We asked Luis several questions about his Bridges experience. Here's what he had to say:

What impact do you think Bridges has had on your college experience?
It had a great impact in the fact that it prepared me as well as anybody could be prepared for my freshman year. The classes, the independence, everything that Bridges teaches you is pretty much the same things I encountered my freshman year. I'm very proud to be a Bridges alumni.

How are you doing academically?
Right now I'm doing pretty good even though is a little hard to juggle between soccer and school. I have a 3.2 GPA, and I have declared my major in International Business with a minor concentration in Accounting.

What advice would you offer current Bridges students?
I would tell you guys to enjoy it as much as possible and to soak in and take advantage of all the opportunities that bridges has to offer. I remember my high school years as being part of Bridges. Even today, every summer I wonder how would it be to be back. Also, the friendships. I met people there that have influenced my life so much and I know that they will be my friends for the rest of my life.

What would you like to brag about?
My life. I think I'm a very lucky person. I get to go to school do what I love that is playing soccer. I'm enjoying my college years, I love my major, what can I say, I want to brag about being happy.

We are very glad that Luis has kept in touch, and we hope that his future continues to be full of bright and wonderful things! Stay tuned!

No comments: